The Craziest/Funniest Week Of My Life

 Being a missionary every day kinda looks the same lol. So I'm gonna change up the way I write my emails and write down the Highlights of the week!! 

This week was a little bit more rough then the last. It has been so fun but also very exhausting. We had so much crazy/funny stuff happen but also a ton of little miracles too!

Highlights of the Week:
U02

- It was Valentines week and guess freaking what! Even though we are miles apart and can't talk to each other everyday. Brock still found a way to send me flowers! It made my2 whole entire year! 💐

- We had dinner with the Hatfield fam and they were the sweetest! She fed us teriyaki with rice, rolls, and pineapple. The rolls she had tasted like some rolls my mom used to make so it made me feel at home. They also have a cute dog named moki and it reminded me so much of Bailey. I tried to get a pic but the android phones suck lol (see pic down below)

- On our way home from dinner it was snowing a ton! We HAD to take pictures and they turned out so so cute! (Pics down below)

- The next day we had dinner with the Bowden family and OH MY GOSH! These are my type of people! They had some mickey decorations around their house so we asked if they loved Disney haha... We ended up talking about Disneyland for the rest of the night haha. I told them how my parents agreed that when I get back from my mish we can go on a Disney cruise. So you better keep your word mom and dad because I'm looking forward to it. Hehe

- Friday was the weirdest day of my life but also the funniest. We went up to this area that was a little further away from the main part of our area. As we were driving all of a sudden our car fully just slides off the road and we ended up getting stuck in the snow. We were in the middle of no where with NO SERVICE.  We were trying every way to get unstuck. We had no shovel or anything to help us get the snow away from our tires. Oh and on top of that the weather felt like -4 degrees all day so it was FREEZING. I swear I was getting frostbite. But then all of a sudden a Miracle happened. This one spot in the car we had 1 bar of service. We were able to call/text some elders to have them come help us push the car out from the snow. We ended up being stuck for over 2 1/2 hours. It was crazy! But luckily Elder Wells and Elder Morgan saved the day! It took them 2 seconds to get our car unstuck when we tried for 2 hours hahaha. We were exhausted. 

- Saturday we did some exchanges with the sister training leaders. Basically we traded companies for the day! I got to be with Sister Bustos! It was so much fun!! She is the best! 

- Later that night we switched back our companions because we had dinner with the Ibañez family! We got to invite one of our friends  and talk about Jesus Christ all night. It was such a cool night because our friend had so many good questions that we got to answer! (He was the one that showed up to church last Sunday!)

- Monday (pday) we wanted to go to a thrift store. We heard our area has some of the best thrift stores! So we planned on going for a bit to check it out. Well as the door shut on the way out Sister Stewart said "Wait do I have the keys?" Our keys have everything on it. It has our car key, our apartment key, and our mailbox key. She checked inside her bag and WE LITERALLY LOCKED OUR SELVES OUT OF OUR APARTMENT!! We were in disbelief hahaha. Well we decided to call our landlord and we thought everything would be ok. Well guess what! It was Presidents Day! So everyone was off work for the holiday. We had no idea it was a Holiday haha! You don't hear much of what's going on in the world as a missionary lol. We decided to call a Lock Smith. Miracle of the day is they were open and had a guy available! 🙏 We got our door unlocked and decided to just chill for the day lol

This week was something else. 😂 Getting stuck in the snow to getting locked out of your apartment is just crazy. I'm so grateful for the small miracles we had though. The fact that we got service for a second to call for help or that a business was open on a Holiday! God is so good! 

Here is a small verse about Miracles:

Ether 12:12

"For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith." ❤️

Pictures:

- Flowers from Brock

- Me and Moki (the dog)

- Pictures in the snow

- Valentines outfits with the other sisters

- Getting stuck in the snow 

- Elder Wells and Elder Morgan saving us 

- Saw this Montana sign and had to take a pic

- Saw a Silo with Brocks name on it 

- Me with a random kitty we found

- Me and Sister Bustos 

- Pic of us getting locked out of our Apartment 
































Comments

  1. Good job Kes! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kesley im so proud of you! You’re doing amazing and touching so many people’s life’s. Those memories will last a lifetime. I’m so proud of you and Brock! This is going to bring your relationship even closer!!! Keep up the amazing work! Love reading these updates and see pictures!!! Love youb

    ReplyDelete
  3. "For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith.". I needed to hear this❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m cracking up. I’ve been following you for awhile and smiled so big when you got called to Montana… because my son is serving there too. Randomly reading your update today- I’m elder Morgan’s mom. Glad he was able to help you! He’s grown up in Alaska so he’s helpful in a snowy situation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i’m so happy I get to come on here and look at how far you have come and how amazing your relationship with Jesus is. I love getting to see how you are on your mission even though I do miss your vlogs. 💝

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go to firehouse for soda! It’s so good and reminded me of swig when I was there:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Missionary Adventure: Two Weeks in the Life of Sister LeRoy

Last Week in the MTC!!

MONTANA HERE I COME!!!